- Do not eat or drink anything after midnight the day before your surgery.
- Take your regularly scheduled morning blood pressure medications and any pain medications you are taking on a regular basis on the day of surgery with a small sip of water
- Please remember to tell your Anesthesiologist if you use any patch medications
- Bring a list of all of your medications with you
- Stop the following prior to surgery: Over the counter supplements, diet pills, and herbal supplements 2 WEEKS before surgery.
- Cessation of smoking at least 24 hrs. may be a good idea. Stopping for six to eight weeks before surgery is ideal. Better yet, take this opportunity to quit smoking for good and improve your health.
Information to prepare for your Anesthesiologist:
- any information you have concerning your medical problems
- Medications you take
- If you smoke or drink alcohol and how much
- Any allergies you may have
- Previous problems you have had with anesthesia or any family history of problems with anesthesia.